Newsletter- 29 August
Hope this has been a good week for you all! There was quite a bit of action going on this weekend so I hope you have all recovered!
We want to send a huge welcome to our new athletes Nicky Greyling, Francois Knoetze and Michael Kinsela. We are excited to have you as part of our team!
On that note, if you haven’t yet sent in your profile pictures and details then please send to Tracy as soon as possible. If you haven’t received the profile questions then please also let Tracy know.
Then, we have a number of people racing this weekend:
- Kerin Schwarts and Alex Fenwick will be taking part in 70.3 Salzberg, Austria and you can track their progress on Irontracker (a great app you should get if you haven’t got it yet)
- Estiaan de Lange , Andy Robertson and Riana Robertson will be tackling the Momentum Iflex duathlon and we look forward to hearing how they again dominated the event (no pressure!)
- Good luck, too, to Lizzy Strauss who will be tackling the 4 day Namaqua Trial Run
- The Satori Camel run is also taking place on Sunday and there are a number of people taking part: The “Gulf Crew”, Olivia Caffery, Lorran Paxton, Diana MacPherson, Linley Holmes and Boyd Roberts
- Helen Jenkins will be racing the Alpen Brevet Cycle Race in Switzerland.
Please see schedule below for the week for those in Gauteng schedule for the week 2 – 8 September. As always, Please let Riana know if you will be joining.
- Monday 18:00–19:00 : Group swim (Willowridge Highschool)
- Tuesday 15:00–16:30: Swim (Menlyn Virgin Active)
- Wednesday 15:30 – 17:30: Track (Die Wilgers Highschool)
- Wednesday 18:00–19:00: Group swim (Willlowridge HIghschool)
- Thursday 18:00: ASG Night trail Run
- Saterday 07:00 : Group cycle – Velo cycling club ( A- B- and C – Group)
For the those in CT there will be a group ride, weather permitting, on Sunday at 07h00, leaving from the Sea Point Virgin Active. We will be riding for 3-4 hours, including a coffee stop.
Congrats to the Dinamic athletes that participated in the 5150 Bela Bela this weekend:
- Estiaan de Lange defended his title in the age category 18–24 in a time of 2:18
- Riana Robertson finished 5th Pro in a time of 2:19
- Johan van der Walt 3:00 (first ever olympic distance triathlon)
- Gerald Janse van Vuuren 3:05
- Justin Erdis 3:16 (first ever olympic triathlon distance)- Read his race report on the website
Congrats too, to all the swimmers that completed the Great Scottish Swim! Well done!
*If your race has been left off then HUGE apologies…please mail Tracy your results and they can be added in!
Dinamic Coaching has a few amazing offers at the moment! Please contact Neil if you are interested.
- Finis Tempo Trainers at R460 (there are 3 currently available)
- Casco Helmets at various prices- give Neil a shout if you are interested.
- Zogg Predator Polarised Goggles at R320
Also, if you have been looking for that perfect, healthy energy bar which contains exactly the ingredients you like then you need to check out the post on Bare Nature by Katherine Cronje. She is able to make up protein and energy bars to your specification. Absolutely awesome! Get your order in now!