Dinamic's network of Coaches:
Diana is an accredited SASCA Master Coach, a level 2 ITU recognized BTA Coach and a STA swimming Coach with 20 years of racing and 16 years of coaching experience.
Before turning to coaching, Diana was a seven times national champion at elite and pro level across a wide range of distances and disciplines:-
National Titles at Elite/Pro Level:
- South African Long Distance Duathlon Champion 2002
- South African National Duathlon Champion 2002 and 2003
- South African Long Distance Triathlon Champion 2003
- Scottish National Duathlon Champion 2005
- Scottish Long distance Triathlon Champion 2005 and 2006
Other Notable results and awards include:·
- Raced Ironman Kona World Champs PRO 2006
- 2nd PRO Ironman SA 2006
- 8th PRO Ironman Austria 2004
- 9th PRO Ironman Switzerland 2003
- 1st PRO Powerman SA 2003
- 1st Ironman distance Race SA 2003
- 3rd ELITE National Cycling Championships 2002
- 10th ELITE Duathlon Long Distance World Champs 2001
- Silver medallist at Duathlon World Champs 2001
- Diana was honoured by TSA with National Colours and Duathlete of the Year in 2001
Diana retired from competitive racing in 2006 and moved her focus to coaching.
- Completed Swim Teachers Association Coaching course in 2006
- Became Swim Coach at New Haven Harbour Tri Club in Edinburgh
- Completed British Triathlon Level 1 Coaching Course in 2007
- Recruited as Head Coach of Edinburgh University Triathlon in 2008
- Completed British Triathlon Level 2 Coaching Course 2008
- Was awarded the designation of Master Coach by the South African Sports Coaching Association in 2021
Under her guidance, Edinburgh University became a dominant force in Triathlon in Scotland with multiple National Championship wins being won by the club and in 2009 Diana was awarded the Price Waterhouse Cooper Coach of the Year Award.
Since 2010 Diana has focused on Dinamic and helping the athletes that come to Dinamic achieve the best that they can be. Her approach is one of consistency and commitment being the most important attribute to success and she has helped many athletes achieve their own personal goals.
Diana teaches her athletes to focus on the process and this leads to results which are clear to see.
Diana has helped athletes to Age group wins at local and National level and has a remarkable ratio of Kona qualification for her Ironman Athletes, which includes
- U23 Elite Athletes championship wins at continental Championships
- 4th place finish at U23 Elite World Championships
- 5th Place Elite finish at Elite X Tri World Champs
- Multiple Age group World Champions
As a participant in sport Neil has a varied background having as a junior won regional championships in Judo and also being competitive in Fencing and Rugby before taking part as a senior in duathlon, where he represented his province at Nationals and won selection to World Champs at Rimini in 2001 before moving into Triathlon.
Neil began coaching in 2003 and as coach and coach educator he has worked with athletes and coaches at all levels from development to Olympic and has always focused on developing and implementing strategies that help develop the individual and give them the tools to strive to achieve their goals.
Qualifications and accreditations
- Awarded Protea Colours for Coaching in Triathlon
- Member of Chartered Institute for Management of Sport and Physical Activity
- SASCA Master Coach
- SASCA Master Coach Educator ( National Coach Education Advisor)
- British Triathlon Level 3 Coach
- International Triathlon Union Coach Facilitator
- Post Graduate Certificate in Performance Coaching
- Retul Certified Bike fitter
Coaching related experience
- Part of the High-performance Coaching Team responsible for the preparation of the SA Triathlon Rio Olympic Squad
- Coach for South African Team World Champs Copenhagen 2017
- High Performance Coach for South Africa Para Tri Squad 2015, 2016, 2017
- Coach to South African Elite Squad to Chicago World Champs 2015
- Coach of South African Elite team to ITU World Cup race Tongyeong 2015
- Awarded National Protea Colours for Coaching in 2013
- Coach to the South African Squad to London World Champs 2013 (Para and U23 elite)
- Coached a number of age group medallists in both Duathlon and triathlon at national, continental and world championships.
Coach Education Experience
Neil has been involved in Coach Education since completing the British Triathlon Coach Development programme in 2008. Since then Neil has run over 25 Coach development clinics including:-
- Multiple level 1 and level 2 Triathlon Coaching courses for British Triathlon in the UK.
- Multiple level 1 courses and 2 level 2 courses for Triathlon South Africa.
- Qualified as a certified ITU coach education facilitator and conducted courses in Africa, Middle East and the far East.
- Been involved with the development of the National Coaching Framework pathway with other sports federations and the National Sports and Olympic Body.
RIANA ROBERTSON (PRETORIA)
Head Coach Dinamic Gauteng
Riana has over 20 years experience in triathlon as an athlete and as a coach. She has competed across the board in all the associated disciplines of Triathlon and multi-sport and has raced as an elite and an age group athlete. Riana joined Dinamic in 2013 and is now a full time triathlon coach opertating Dinamics practice in the Gauteng region.
Qualifications and accreditations
- International Triathlon Union Level 2 Triathlon Coach
- TSA Level 2 Coach
- TSA Coach Facilitator
- Swim Smooth Accredited Coach
- Bsc in Sports Science
Sports Background and Acheivments
- U23 Elite National Champion 2003
- 16th at ITU World Championships Perth 2009
- 20th Elite at World Long Distance Champs Las Vegas 2011
- 11th at Ironman Kona in Age group 2014
- South African Cycling Champion in AG 2015
Coaching related experience
- Coach and Manager of the SA Junior team on European Tour 2015
- Coach and Manager of the SA Junior team on European Tour 2016
- Coach to SA Junior Team to World Champs in 2018
- Coach to the Youth Olympic Games in 2018
- Coach and Manager of the SA Junior team on European Tour 2019
Riana’s approach to coaching is that you have to coach the individual while still realising that there are no short cuts. Her attention to detail has helped all of her athletes achieve their goals which includes
- 2nd place junior at Worlds X Tri
- 2 * Junior Continental Champs
- 2 * National Champions
- Multiple Kona qualifications
ALAN BREMNER (EDINBURGH)
Alan has been a very successful Dinamic athlete, racing triathlons for over 13 years, all distances from Sprint, Olympic, 70.3 to Ironman.
Alan raced in the World Ironman Championships in Kona in 2011 having qualified in Switzerland earlier that year, he also won his age group in Ironman Lanzarote in 2014. He has won numerous Scottish and British titles in Sprint and Olympic distances, ITU European Sprint (Bronze/Geneva 2015 and Silver/Glasgow 2018), 1st place Ironman 70.3 Edinburgh in 2017, although he says his finest result was achieving his ultimate dream and becoming ITU World Sprint Champion in Chicago in 2015.
He brings his vast experience and enthusiasm to Dinamic, encouraging, motivating and assisting his athletes to achieve their goals and dreams.
He says “it’s incredible what you can achieve when you target a goal and work hard to achieve it, whether it’s your first ever triathlon, 10k or even marathon… you are stronger than you think!”.
Alan is a certified British Triathlon UKCC Level 1 and UKCC Level 2 Coach
JENNY HOUSTON (CAPE TOWN)
Jenny is passionate about sport, health and helping people achieve their sporting goals.
She has been participating in endurance sport for over 20 years and has completed multiple events including IronMan triathlons (full distance), Comrades ultra-marathons (up and down), Two Oceans ultra-marathons, 14 Argus Cycle Tours, lots of Double Centuries (including a win) and a whole host of other road cycling, mountain biking, running and triathlon events. She placed in her age group in the ITU Triathlon (sprint and standard) events in Cape Town in 2014/15.
Jenny is fun and outgoing and has a good rapport with her clients. She is closely involved with her clients: from goal-setting to monitoring progress and getting feedback, but always aiming to be accessible and in constant contact.
Jenny has a BSc (Hons), and PDOM (cum laude) from the University of Cape Town.
MICHELLE KREBBS (ZURICH, SWITZERLAND)
What do I offer?
- Over 6 Years of competitive triathlon training experience.
- Over 16 Years of sporting experience
What makes me different?
I suffered from depression and anorexia and through my training managed to transform from my illness to a semi-professional triathlete -aspiring to race as a professional.
What Drives me?
My passion is to share my experience and love for the sport as well as help others find their inner strength and purpose in a sporty lifestyle. I want to help those that struggle to find motivation, happiness in life through sport and exercise.
Michelle as an Athlete
I have competed successfully at numerous Ironman 70.3 events racing against professionals with top end results and podium finishes. In 2021 I competed in my first full distance Ironman with a podium finish age group and 4th Female overall.
Michelle as a Coach:
I am a certified Ironman Coach and studied Exercise sciences at the HFPA Academy.
In order to continue to develop my skills as a coach I am now working with the guidance and support of Neil and Diana MacPherson.
Adding my own experiences from my past and current sporting career to the Dinamic systems and approach I am looking forward to helping others while learning to become the best coach possible, fitting each and every athlete to their personal needs.