Newsletter- 22 August
Hello Dinamic Athletes
Wow, what a week it has been! And not to mention the weekend!! Dinamic had some FANTASTIC result this weekend, and we are so proud of the athletes!
Not only have our athletes done exceptionally well but Dinamic is very proud to announce that Neil has been appointed as the coach to the SA Triathlon team going to World Champs in London in September!
We are also very happy to welcome loads of new athletes:
- Olivia Alfheim (representing us in Hong Kong)
- Lee Hutchinson
- Katherine Cronje
- Paulos Figueiredo
- Grant Watson
- Lynn Christian
- Mark Kemp
- Claire Lemanach
- Janice Korte
- Linley Holmes
There are a couple of things on the go this week in Gauteng (please just let Riana know if you are joining, so she can wait for you)
- Monday 26 Aug Swim 15:00 – 16:30 Virgin Active Menlyn
- Tuesday 27 Aug Swim 15:00 – 16:30 Virgin Active Menlyn
- Wednesday 28 Aug Run – track work H/S Die Wilgers, Spitskop Streer, Die Wilgers
- Thursday 29 Aug Swim 15:00 – 17:00 Virgin Active Menlyn
- Saterday 30 August Easy cycle Aviante bike park
Also, for the Capeies… there will be an easy cycle starting from VA Seapoint at 7am on Saturday. We will do an out and back over Black Hill, stopping at Olympia for a coffee. Please let Tracy know you are coming so she can wait for you.
The WP Triathlon Annual General meeting will take place on Thursday 12 September at the Constantia Bowling Club (Next to Virgin Active). Please attend if you can!
Congratulations to the following athletes for their superb results this weekend:
- Simon Kneel finished IM Sweden in a fantastic time of 12h46 and James finished in a new PB of 13h38. Huge congrats for an amazing effort in very windy conditions!
- Leo Brea blitzed 70.3 Timberman in an exceptional time of 4h47, placing 27th in his age category.
- Riana de Lange (who we are so lucky to have as one of our Dinamic Coaches) raced to 2nd place at the Momentum Duathlon Series Race 4 in Centurion in a time of 1:44, meaning she keeps her 1st place in the series overall. Andy Robertson sped in at 1h45 at the race, coming 4th in his age category, and ALSO leads his age group in the series overall. Dinamic Gauteng is dominating the Duathlons!
- We are also super proud of Sandra Colamartino, one of our Scottish athletes, who placed 2nd in her age catgory at the Aberfeldy Middle Distance Scottish Champs. Read all about her moving from doing this race as a team event 5 years ago…to podium position in 2013!
Racing this weekend
- Sandra Colamartino is off to do the Great Scottish Swim on Saturday
- Gerald Janse van Vuuren, Justin Erdis, Riana Robertson, Estiaan de Lange and Johan van der Walt will be participating in the 5150 Bela Bela on 24 August
- Lizzy Strauss will be running the Namaqua 4-day Trail Run from 29 August- 1 September
Dale Kennedy is selling his Hed C3 Carbon carbon wheels. He is considering all offers over R10k. You can mail him on email@example.com