Happy Spring Dinamic athletes
Hope you have all had a good winter and found time to relax, recover and prepare for the season ahead! Sorry for the delay in getting a news letter out but as many of you know Tracy was busy moving continents and is now based in London. Don’t worry she will continue to handle all things social media wise and will be proudly flying the Dinamic Flag in London.
Some outstanding results over the last few weeks:
- British Middle Distance Champs Aberfeldy: Alan Bremner takes the British and Scottish title in AG, Rod Shaw coming third in his AG, and Sandra (Chocolate Library ) Colmartino coming home in 5th
- Bela Bela 5150 saw Riana Robertson come second lady over all with a fine race, Olga Koorts put her new found swim and bike skills to good use to get AG podium.
- Daisy MTB Challenge: Lizel Thompson re-found her competitive streak to take 2nd
- Some Where in England: Our own expat Tracy Markham did a 10km pb to come 2nd at the Regents Park BBC Run
That time of the year again I am afraid…In order to race you will either need to be registered with TSA through a WPTA Club or pay a day licence. Full WPTA membership is for an adult R450.00. (For comparison a day Licence fee is from R100 for an Olympic race so if you plan on doing more than 4 races in the year it makes sense. )
WPTA insists that athletes need to be affiliated to a club. In order to help our athletes we formed Dinamic Multisport Club. Our Fee per year is R50.00 per adult, R30, per junior and R100 family membership.
We will be sending out a PDF which outlines how you register in the next day or two using the new online system. Link to the site http://profile.mobii.com/
Some exciting news Dinamic has been appointed as an official coach supplier for Stage One Cranks. For those of you that don’t know Stage One cranks are a power meter (currently used by Team SKY) which measure your power while cycling. They are very accurate ( as they would have to be to be used in the pro peloton) and very easy to apply and most important they bring the cost of power meters down to an affordable level. Prices start around R9500 but as always we will be able to give Dinamic athletes a good discount.
Cranks will be available for Shimano , FSA, SRAM, and Cannondale.
Call Neil for more info (021 789 2903)
STOP PRESS: Power tap look to be responding with cost reductions in their Hub based power Meters, we we will be able to offer this product range as a option before the end of this month.Don’t forget we deal with most of the big distributors so if looking for parts give us a call before you put your cash down at the LBS.
Monthly Time Trials
Ok this is how this is going to work: 2nd and timed 5km TT. The course will be from the Car Park at Noordhoek and will from 6:30. All athletes will be welcome and we would hope that we can then move up the road to Slip Slops Beach Bar for a refreshment and or bite to eat. Don’t stress its as much about fun as racing but lets look to see as many of you as possible on Tuesday 9th September
If you wish to order Kit please email to info@dinamic-coaching. We will be offering Tri Suits, Tri Tops, Tri Pants, Cycle Tops, Cycle PantsThey will be based on the old kit but with Retul logo instead of Hammer logo
New & Returning Athletes
Welcome onboard to the following athletes:
- Cillian Ryan in East London
- Sally Waterworth Port Elizabeth
- Wendy Meyer- JHB
- Keri Delport, Kerri Lowrie, Miranda Symons, Colin Chapman, Greg Fury, John & Karin Davidson, Ollie Wright, Werner Muller, Mark Raa ( all Cape Town )
- Welcome back to Janice Korte, James Bayhack, Simon Kneel, Stephen Pierce, Malcolm Pringle
Good Luck to:
All athletes racing this Month but especially Leo & Kobus racing 70.3 World Champs
Coleen looking to race enduroman
All Dinamic athletes racing Sartori Camel run and Cape Town Marathon
Have a fantastic weekend!