Exciting things happening in the Northern Hemisphere with the start of the Winter Olympics in Sochi. The opening ceremony is tonight at 8pm (SA time) and it should be quite interesting!! (On a side note do yourself a favour and watch the P&G Sochi ad…it is really a great motivation for any sport and for becoming the best you can be! Video can be watched here)
Whilst things are of a snowy nature over there, things are heating up in SA with some great results flying in from the Dinamic Team! Huge congrats to the following athletes:
- Oswald for winning his category at the SA Road cycling TT champs
- Olga for placing 2nd overall at the WP Duathlon Champs
- Simone Faulmann for being selected to race at the junior ATU race next weekend (a Youth Olympic qualifying race!)
- All the athletes selected for the WP Triathlon team- Olga Koorts, Bianca Tait, Diana MacPherson, Jacqui Roberts, Marco Stichini, SImone Faulmann and Colleen De Oliveira.
- Lee Hutchinson for setting a new PB at the Lions Head Half Marathon.
Ian Els has offered to help coach our swimmers in Gauteng. As a result he will be taking over the group swims. They will still be at Willowridge Monday’s and Wednesday’s from 18:00- 19:00. Please contact him if you are interested in joining the squad – 083 464 9975
Our Dinamic-Newhaven team have set their Club races for the year so to all in the area…get stuck in!
- Stirling Duathlon (Sprint & Standard): March 30th
- Galashiels Sprint: 20th April
- Lochore Meadows Sprint (open water): 15th June
- Aberfeldy Middle Distance (a few are doing teams also): 17th August
- Haddington Sprint: 31st August
Speaking of races…Midlands Ultra early entries close on the 10th Feb 2014. For more info go to www.midlandsultra.com.
NOTE: The Bronkhorspruit 32km run has been cancelled this weekend!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!