I hope the week has been a good one! We have been spoiled with amazing weather in SA so here’s hoping that the last minute prep for 70.3 SA went well…it is all downhill from here!
A big welcome to our new Dinamic team members- Nikki Watson-Blair, Marj and Chatles Davidson, Jacques Matthee and Candice Morrison. Also, welcome back to Sandra Colamartino!
Congrats to CT athlete, Colleen De Oliveira, who has been on the TSA level 1 coaching course and a belated congrats to Olivia Afheim who placed 2nd at the Jetty Mile Open Water swim in Namibia in December.
There are a number of races on the weekend and we wish the best of luck to all the athletes!
- WP Trials at Val de Vie: Di McEwan, Colleen de Oliveira, Di MacPherson, Bianca Tait, Jacqui Roberts, Kelly Huber, Simone Faulmann, Boyd Roberts, Marco Stichini, Scott Tait and Phillip Fauche.
- KZN Champs: Tayla Glover
- Attakwas: Francois Knowtze
- WP Open Water Challenge: Tracy Markham
For those not racing there are a number of activities taking place:
The Winelands SAMS Long Course Gala is on Sunday in Paarl. (There has again been an urgent appeal from WP Masters Swimming for assistance with timekeeping at the event. If you or your supporters are able to assist, please email Annemarie Odendaal at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Sunday also sees the WP Aquatics Open Water Challenge in the Eikenhof dam, Grabouw (you can enter on the day) along with the Dirtopia Resolutions Trail run at Delvera.
Looking ahead to next week there will be a “Dinamic Swim” at Orient Beach (EL) at 08h00 on Saturday. Come down and calm your 70.3 nerves with a little paddle with friendly faces! (The full race schedule is here)
For those training in GAU, please see the schedule for next week below. Please confirm attendance with Riana so she can book your pool and track spot!
Saturday 18 Jan: George Claasen 10/21km Run
Sunday 19 Jan: Long Bike- 06h00 Monument Park Plaza
Monday 20 Jan :Swim-18h00 Willowridge
Wednesday 22 Jan: Run-16h00 HS Wilgers Track
Wednesday 22 Jan: Swim 18h Willowridge
Happy racing this weekend everyone!
GAUTENG ATHLETES PLEASE NOTE: As GNT will not stage a provincial Duathlon Champs this year, you may qualify for the SA Duathlon Champs on 8 March 2014, as follows:
- Automatically, if you were in the GNT team at SA Duathlon Champs 2013
- If not, you have to participate at the NWC on the 2nd of February 2014 at the Portuguese Hall, Klerksdorp, North West (info www.triathlonsa.co.za), or
- Write a letter of motivation if you cannot participate on the 2nd February 2014 and submit your results for any Duathlon race you have done in the past year.
Kindly notify Carla at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name and TSA number and qualification choice (1, 2 or 3), if you want to be entered/considered for the SA Duathlon Champs,.
If you have chosen 2 or 3, you have to forward your results (and letter of motivation, if applicable) as soon as possible to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.